Friday, May 27, 2011

Exchanges 1, Page 2

Iguazu Falls, Brazil


16.
A: Is that your bicycle?
B: No, it isn’t.
A: Whose bicycle is it?
B: It’s Mary’s bicycle. Why?
A: It isn’t locked.
B: You’re right. It isn’t.

17.
A: Is this Level 3?
B: Yes, it is. Please, come in.
A: I’m Esther Lopez.
B: Is that spelled L-O-P-E-Z?
A: That’s right.
B: Your name is on my list.

18.
A: Hello, Jerry?
B: Yes?
A: This is Sylvia.
B: Hi, Sylvia. How are you?
A: I’m fine, thanks.
B: How is your daughter?
A: She’s fine, too.

19.
A: My daughter is in love.
B: That’s great.
A: No, it isn’t.
B: Why not? Are you unhappy?
A: Yes. I don’t know her boyfriend.
B: Is he a student?
A: No, he isn’t.

20.
A: Is her boyfriend a teacher?
B: No, he isn’t.
A: What’s his name?
B: His name is Lefty.
A: Is his name Lefty Babbet?
B: That’s right.

21.
A: Don’t worry. I know him.
B: Do you know Lefty?
A: He’s my friend.
B: Lefty is your friend?
A: Yes. He’s a lawyer.
B: Is he good for my daughter?
A: Yes, he is. He’s very nice.

22.
A: Mission Campus is a good school.
B: It is?
A: Yes, it is.
B: Why?
A: The people are friendly.
B: Are the teachers interesting?

23.
A: The Wongs are my friends.
B: Are they Chinese?
A: Yes, they are.
B: Are they from China?
A: No, they aren’t.
B: Where are they from?
A: They’re from Taiwan.

24.
A: These are nice pictures.
B: This is my family.
A: Where are they now?
B: They’re in Brazil.
A: Who is this man?
B: He’s my brother Raul.

25.
A: Is your family far away?
B: Yes, they are.
A: Where are they?
B: They’re in Peru.
A: Is this woman your sister?
B: Yes, she is. She’s a teacher.

26.
A: Sally is a plumber.
B: Is Sally your girlfriend?
A: No, she isn’t.
B: Is she your sister?
A: No. she’s my wife.
B: Are you a plumber, too?
A: No, I’m not.

27.
A: My uncle is a doctor.
B: What’s his name?
A: Sam Lewis.
B: Where is his office?
A: Downtown.
B: Is he a good doctor?
A: Yes, he is.

28.
A: I’m not an engineer.
B: Are you happy?
A: Yes, I am.
B: What is your occupation?
A: I’m a detective.
B: That’s exciting.

29.
A: I’m not worried.
B: You’re not?
A: No, I’m not upset.
B: But your car is gone.
A: My car isn’t here. That’s okay.
B: Where is your car?
A: It’s at my aunt’s house.

30.
A: I’m not very late.
B: No, you aren’t.
A: I’m only five minutes late.
B: You’re ten minutes late.
A: Your watch is wrong.
B: No, it isn’t. You’re ten minutes late.

1 comment: