Sunday, May 29, 2011

Exchanges 3, Page 1 - Present Simple Tense


A: Where do you live?
B: In San Francisco.
A: Do you live on Mission Street?
B: Yes, I do. I live at 1234 Mission.
A: Do you like San Francisco?
B: Yes, I do.

2..
A: Do you live in San Francisco?
B: Yes, I do.
A: What street do you live on?
B: I live on Valencia Street.
A: Do you study English?
B: Yes, I do.

3.
A: Do you work evenings?
B: No, I work days.
A: When is your day off?
B: Thursday.
A: Do you go to school at night?
B: Yes, Monday to Thursday.

4.
A: Does Maria have kids?
B: Yes. She has two.
A: Does she work?
B: No, she doesn’t.
A: She stays home and takes care of her kids.
B: That’s right.

5.
A: I have to go downtown.
B: Why?
A: I want to apply for a job.
B: You do? Where?
A: At Macy’s Department Store.
B: Good luck.

6.
A: Does this bus go to Daly City?
B: No, it doesn’t.
A: Where does it go?
B: It goes downtown.
A: How do I get to Daly City?
B: Cross the street and wait for the
next Number 14.

7.
A: I don’t want to go to Daly City.
B: Where do you want to go?
A: Downtown.
B: Oh, you’re on the wrong bus.
A: What do I do?
B: Wait at the bus stop on the other side of the street.

8.
A: Maria really likes her kids.
B: Yes, I know them. They’re nice.
A: She doesn’t have much time.
B: They keep her busy at home.
A: Does her husband work?
B: Yes, he does.

9.
A: When do you eat breakfast?
B: At 7:30.
A: Do you eat breakfast at home?
B: No, I don’t. I’m too lazy to cook.
A: Where do you eat breakfast?
B: At a coffee shop.

10.
A: Do you get up early?
B: Yes, very early.
A: What time?
B: 6:30.
A: That’s early.
B: I go to bed early.

11.
A: Does the bus come often?
B: Yes, every fifteen minutes.
A: Do you ride the bus every day?
B: Every day.
A: Is it always so slow?
B: No. It’s usually on time.

12.
A: Do you walk to work?
B: Yes, when it’s sunny.
A: When do you take the bus?
B: When it rains.
A: You don’t have an umbrella?
B: An umbrella doesn’t protect my shoes.

13.
A: When do you have lunch?
B: Between 12:00 and 12:30.
A: That’s not much time.
B: No. I have to eat fast.
A: Do you eat at a deli?
B: No, I bring a sandwich.

14.
A: Do you eat fruit for lunch?
B: Yes, I eat an apple or a banana.
A: When do you make your sandwich?
B: Before I leave for work.
A: Do you use whole wheat bread?
B: Yes. How did you know?

15.
A: Do you finish work at 5:00?
B: Yes, I do.
A: Does your wife work too?
B: Yes, she does.
A: When does she finish work?
B: She finishes at 5:00 too.

No comments:

Post a Comment