Monday, May 30, 2011

Exchanges 3, Page 3



31.
A: Does Sara go to school?
B: No, she doesn’t.
A: Why not? She’s a teenager.
B: But, she doesn’t go to school.
A: Does she have a job?
B: No. She takes care of her baby brother.

32.
A: Does Mary eat breakfast?
B: No, she doesn’t.
A: Why not?
B: She never has time for it.
A: She doesn’t have time for it?
B: No. She has to be at work early.

33.
A: The children don’t wear jackets.
B: They don’t wear jackets?
A: No, they don’t like their jackets.
B: Why not?
A: They like to wear sweaters.
B: But sweaters aren’t warm enough in the winter.

34.
A: I like this apartment.
B: Thank you.
A: I like the view.
B: It’s a nice view of the city.
A: I don’t like the kitchen.
B: Why don’t you like it?
A: It’s too small.

35.
A: My wife doesn’t like the kitchen.
B: Why not?
A: She doesn’t care for the cabinets.
B: She doesn’t?
A: She thinks the color is ugly.
B: It’s an attractive color.

36.
A: Do you like chicken?
B: I love chicken.
A: Do you want chicken for dinner?
B: Yes, I do. Good idea.
A: Does your friend like it too?
B: I’m sure he does.

37.
A: Do your friends like spaghetti?
B: No, they don’t.
A: I have a lot of spaghetti.
B: They hate spaghetti.
A: I like spaghetti a lot.
B: Now, you have a lot of it.
A: Please, help me eat it.

38.
A: My husband doesn’t like the car.
B: Why not?
A: He thinks it’s too small.
B: He doesn’t like small cars?
A: No. He likes large cars.
B: Sorry, we can’t help you.

39.
A: Carlos, watch out.
B: Does Carlos hear you?
A: No, he doesn’t.
B: Does Carlos see the car?
A: No, he doesn’t.
B: Carlos, watch out!

40.
A: Does your right leg hurt?
B: Yes, it does.
A: Do your knees hurt, too?
B: Yes, they do.
A: Does your ankle hurt here?
B: Ouch!

41.
A: How do you like the sweater?
B: It doesn’t fit.
A: Do you want a larger size?
B: Yes. Do you have one?
A: I have two large blue ones.
B: That’s fine. I like blue.

42.
A: Do you like fish?
B: Yes, I do.
A: Do you eat it regularly?
B: Yes, I eat fish on Monday and Friday.
A: What do you eat it with?
B: A lot of vegetables.

43.
A: Do you want ice cream or cake?
B: I like ice cream and cake.
A: Do you want both?
B: Yes, I want ice cream and cake.
A: Do you want cabbage?
B: No, I don’t want cabbage.

44.
A: How often do you cook?
B: Every other day.
A: Do you use a lot of garlic?
B: I don’t use too much garlic.
A: When do you use it?
B: I use garlic and onion for flavor.

45.
A: What do you use to write with?
B: I use this red pencil.
A: Do you use it to take tests?
B: I use it to write exercises, too.
A: I need a pencil.
B: Ask the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment