Monday, May 30, 2011

Exchanges 6, Page 1 - Simple Past Tense



1.
A: Did you go to the park?
B: Yes, we did.
A: What did you do there?
B: We played baseball.
A: Did you win the game?
B: No, we didn’t. But we had fun.

2.
A: What did you do yesterday?
B: We went to the parade.
A: Did you see the dancers?
B: Yes, there were many dancers.
A: Did you listen to music?
B: Yes, we listened to fine music.

3.
A: Did you lose your keys?
B: Yes, I did.
A: Were they on the table?
B: Yes, they were.
A: Are these your keys?
B: Yes, they are. Thank you.

4.
A: Why did you do that?
B: What?
A: You hit my car.
B: No, I didn’t.
A: Yes, you did.
B: I didn’t hit your car.

5.
A: Who did?
B: I don’t know who hit your car.
A: I didn’t hit my own car.
B: Maybe somebody else hit it.
A: It wasn’t you?
B: It wasn’t me.

6.
A: You weren’t careful.
B: I wasn’t?
A: I saw you.
B: You didn’t see me.
A: Yes, I did. When you backed up.
B: What did I do?

7.
A: You hit my car.
B: When I backed up?
A: Yes.
B: Let me see it. Oh, it’s a small dent.
A: You dented my fender.
B: Okay, but I didn’t dent it much.

8.
A: Did you hear about the fire?
B: I didn’t read the paper.
A: There was a fire yesterday.
B: Did anybody get hurt?
A: No, fortunately.
B: Where was the fire?

9.
A: It was at 789 Bryant Street.
B: Did the firemen come quickly?
A: They came very quickly.
B: Did they rescue the people?
A: They rescued everybody.
B: I didn’t know about it.

10.
A: Jane didn’t clean her room.
B: She didn’t?
A: No. She didn’t do the dishes.
B: No?
A: No. She didn’t wash her clothes.
B: She was probably tired.

11.
A: The teacher didn’t talk today.
B: He didn’t? Why?
A: He lost his voice.
B: He lost his voice?
A: He sang too much last night.
B: I hope he feels better soon.

12.
A: The bus didn’t come today.
B: It didn’t?
A: No. It broke down at 9th Street.
B: Why did it break down?
A: I don’t know why.
B: It came on time yesterday.

13.
A: I didn’t buy the book.
B: Why not?
A: I didn’t have the money.
B: Did you find the bookstore?
A: Yes, I found it on the first floor.
B: Did you ask for a used book?

14.
A: I didn’t ask for one.
B: They have used books.
A: Okay.
B: Alex didn’t buy a book, either.
A: I didn’t see Alex at the bookstore.
B: Maria bought one.

15.
A: The teacher taught us the verbs.
B: What verbs?
A: He taught the past tense.
B: Did he teach the present tense?
A: Yes, he did.
B: I missed class yesterday.

Exchanges 6, Page 2

Exchanges 6, Page 3

3 comments:

  1. I get irritated, nervous, very tense or stressed, but never bored. See the link below for more info.


    #tense
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to visit your site and i did like it. I was able to get some informative topics. keep it up and you can also visit my site for your reference. Thank you and have a good day.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! If you study English and do not comprehend in which cases you need to use past tenses to express your thoughts properly, this source can help you clarify it http://edit-it.org/blog/past-simple-basic-rules-and-exceptions

    ReplyDelete