Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Exchanges 7, Page 3

















31.
A: We’ll visit San Francisco next month.
B: What will you do here?
A: We’ll go sight seeing.
B: What will you see.
A: Could you help me decide?
B: Sure I could.

32.
A: You should see Golden Gate Bridge.
B: Yes. We’ll take lots of photos.
A: You should see Mission Dolores.
B: Can we get around by bus?
A: Yes, you can. It’s easy.
B: Can you give me more ideas?

33.
A: You should walk a lot here.
B: Can we walk everywhere?
A: Yes, it’s a good city for walking.
B: But can we walk up those hills?
A: Yes, you can. It’s good exercise.
B: We must buy good shoes.

34.
A: You must go to the zoo.
B: How can I get there?
A: You can take the L Street Car.
B: I’m afraid I might get lost.
A: Don’t worry. You won’t get lost.
B: I should buy a map.

35.
A: You should visit the Oakland Museum.
B: I can’t. It’s outside the city.
A: You can take BART to Oakland.
B: Could you show me how?
A: Yes. It’s not difficult.
B: We won’t rent a car.

36.
A: Can I talk to the manager?
B: I’m the manager.
A: Are you hiring now?
B: Can you make sandwiches?
A: Yes, I can.
B: Okay. You must fill out the application.

37.
A: Can I speak with Maria?
B: I’m Maria.
A: Can you use a housekeeper?
B: Yes. Can you clean rooms?
A: Yes, I can clean them very well.
B: You must supply references.

38:
A: Is the secretary job still open?
B: Yes, it is. Can you type?
A: Yes, I can type 30 words per minute.
B: Can you handle a computer?
A: Yes, I can.
B: You can start on Monday.

39.
A: Can I have an interview?
B: Can you come in on Tuesday?
A: I can come on Tuesday morning.
B: Can we talk to you at 10 am?
A: That’s fine with me.
B: We’ll see you then.

40.
A: Can you use a copy machine?
B: No, I can’t.
A: We can teach you how.
B: I’m sure I can learn quickly.
A: You mustn’t smoke here.
B: That’s okay. I don’t smoke.

41.
A: May I take the day off tomorrow?
B: Why?
A: I must take my husband to the hospital.
B: Yes. You can have the day off.
A: I’ll come back on Wednesday.
B: No problem.

42.
A: May I please leave at 4 today?
B: At four o’clock?
A: Yes. I must see the doctor.
B: Can you come in at 8 am tomorrow?
A: Yes, I can.
B: Good. I’ll be here then too.

43.
A: Can I help you clean your yard?
B: No, thanks. I can clean it myself.
A: Can I ask you a question?
B: Sure.
A: Can I park my car here?
B: Sure you can.

44.
A: Can you help me move these chairs?
B: Sure. I can help you.
A: Can I ask you a question?
B: Yes, you can.
A: Can I leave my bicycle here?
B: You must ask the boss.

45.
A: Could I ask you a favor?
B: Sure.
A: Could you lend me a hammer?
B: All right.
A: I’ll return it tomorrow.
B: I’ll see you then.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful colors and organic natural forms. Reminds me of a painting like Rainy landscape, by Russian painter Kandinsky, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8EWL66, that I saw at wahooart.com, from where one can order a canvas print of it. Really good place to browse the painter’s work and other work similar to your style of painting.

    ReplyDelete